IT'S MORE THAN FOOTBALL
The Ft. Bend Chargers (FBC) Football Organization exists to provide an opportunity for young men in the Homeschool community to play tackle football.
However, the FBC program is about more than just football. FBC is a Christian organization whose members seek to honor and glorify Jesus Christ.
We strive to help prepare our players for life beyond sports. FBC wants the journey of a team sport to teach the following things (and more):
- A standard of excellence
- A work ethic
- To believe in themselves
- To trust others
- The value of encouragement
- To know they aren’t the center of the universe
- To know that success does not come overnight (or in one practice, or one season)
- To lose with dignity
- To accept temporary failures without blaming others, and to realize these failures aren’t permanent
- To be pushed to their physical limit, time and time again
- To love and to be loved
- To sacrifice for others
- To respect authority and rules
- To never give up
These things still matter when the cheering stops.
To this end, Our coaches use the following phrases frequently:
And our players wear the following traits on their game jerseys as a reminder:
- "Finish Strong."
- "Never say Never."
- "One Team, One Goal."
- "Courage is not the absence of fear. It's the ability to overcome fear."
- "Only one person gets to touch the ball at time. It is what you do without the ball that matters."
- "Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect Practice makes Perfect."
- "On the way to perfect we can be great."
- "It's the little things that make BIG things happen"
- "Pain is temporary."
- "It is not how many times you get knocked down that matters. Always get up one more time."
- "What man’s mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
- "Play hard, play smart."
- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
- "Enjoy the journey."
- "Exhaustion can make us all cowards, therefore we will work hard and overcome our exhaustion."
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, then we encourage you come out to a workout or practice or feel free to contact us.